Wednesday, November 11, 2009

its coming to the end...

So my trip is almost over :-(
It has been absolutely amazing here, I have 13 days left and cannot believe that I have been here as long as I have. I'm definitely ready to come home and see my family (John Nicks especially!!) my friends for sure, and the boy :-) but it will be bittersweet and I'll miss my life here in Greece. I'll write a blog once more when I get home to sum up the jet lag and culture shock...I'm gonna have a lot to get use to...food, people, culture..i'll have to get back into the fast paced life of the States but maybe I can have a little influence on my family and us not always get drive thru on road trips, and i'll try more to drink my coffee at home or at Starbucks instead of in my car...I'll also eat my waffles with ice cream and I'm gonna learn how to make gyros. Funny how in the beginning of my trip I had blogs about missing things from America, now its the things I'll miss about Greece!

We just got back from an overnight trip to Corinth. It was pretty cool. I loved being able to say that I was standing in the same spot that the apostle Paul stood. I saw the Bema where Paul was on trial in Corinth, I also saw the marketplace where Paul, Aquila, and Priscilla would have had a shop...it was really interesting and very faith building.

I think that the older I get the more this trip is going to hit me. Right now I know I have seen some amazing things that most do not get to witness but I still havent been hit over the head that I walked on the same street as Jesus, I stood in the footsteps of the apostles, and I have seen the Seven churches from Revelation...its a hard concept to accept but my faith has been strengthened greatly. I will be able to teach to others one day in a very different way than most. Its exciting to me but like I said it still hasnt hit me completely....I'm afraid right now I'm too focused on coming home haha I'm trying to remember to not wish it away though.

I know many will ask me my favorites when I get home, the food I loved the best, the best sites, the best people, the best countries....I know i'll be telling stories for days about the different thinks I have seen and I'm glad about this. I want everyone to know the wonderful things that have changed my life while I have been here. I do not mind at all telling about this trip and what it has done for me....

In 13 days I'll be in America with my family and friends, I'll greatly miss Greece but at the same time I'll be able to eat peanut butter and drink cranberry juice whenever my heart desires :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment